Sunday, July 02, 2006

Okay so here I go again. Well at least I have been consistent on commenting on some blogs lately with the same name...Maybe that will help me to keep up with this. Not that any one person will want to read about me..well here I go...

So tonight we or rather I decided that Dale could watch a movie with Stephen and I. If you don't know we have removed all television, videos, DVD's, etc from said boys life. (more on that later) We watched "Dreamer" it was a really good movie. Of course Dale talked the ENTIRE time but it was fun to all sit together and watch it and eat homemade chocolate chip cookies.

Okay so we have been having some issues with Dale being to excited, hyper, or not able to focus on things. A sweet friend said that she doesn't allow her kids to watch TV and that it helped them out a lot...O WOW does it ever!! It even helps me too. I don't know how I ever had time to watch all the poo poo I did and get anything done. I am really trying to get to a schedule where I get up before the kids and read my Bible, drink my coffee, and unload the dishwasher. Makes my day better...Anyway I digressed from the TV thing. So anyway before we had Merideth; Dale didn't really watch much TV. When I was in the beginning of my pregnancy in Mississippi and was so sick and he was about 18 mo old he began upon the road of a lot of TV watching! We had read "Bringing Up Boys" and it suggests that children don't watch any television until age 2 and that they will have more of an imagination and such. It is true, we had seen that in Dale.He has a great imagination and he plays really well by himself in his room. He is getting back into that routine since we turned the box off again. So anyway that is why no TV...Maybe some in small doses later....Merideth doesn't need to watch it either and hey what is wrong with music and listening to CD's and reading books together! I highly recommend "Paws and Tales" by Insight For Living, they are great!

Okay have a great night!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh, Elizabeth! Quit worrying so much. You are going to drive yourself crazy before you ever have any "real" problems with them--like when they are teenagers and try to sneak out and smoke like I did, etc... If not watching TV helps Dale, then great! But, don't stress out about it if he does watch it ever now and then. Just remember that it's not the TV that is evil--it's some of the stuff that is on the TV--Just like money isn't evil in itself, it's what you do with the money that can be evil. Sometimes, money is a blessing if we are good stewards of what God has given us. The same can be said about the TV. It can be used for good and sometimes you can be blessed as a mom for using it correctly. It sure helps me be a better mom when I can take a half hour break a few times a week while the kids watch "Classical Baby" or "The Wiggles." But, you have to be the judge of what's best for your kids. I just don't want you to give yourself an ulcer worrying about it! I miss you!! Take care.