Sunday, November 02, 2008

Just Stuff

Okay so we are still not sure what is happening with the move...I will update about that again when we know for certain what is happening. All other post will relate to that since so much depends/hinges on what is going on. Hopefully it will nor bore you too much! Last night Stephen and I were talking about when we would move and how all the things I am doing around the house are so tied up with what and when. Do I pack up the kitchen entirely or just sort of since we may need some stuff...it is really frustrating! I decided to pack up like it is January and to label boxes really well! Some things are going into storage for the showing of the house. But if I need them I know where they are and they can easily, please Stephen, be gotten!

So on Thursday my sweet Mother came and helped with the kitchen. She completely organized all my food. Which just in case you are wondering is staying! I can't pack that, I need to eat! Well and the rest of the family! But we got the kitchen done. THANK YOU MOTHER. And thank you for taking my sweet babies home with you for so long. I really really miss them! But Stephen and I are enjoying the time together and also I am getting a lot done!

Okay so then on Friday a miracle worker named Risa came over and she started in on the "organizing" part. She is a professional organizer and I HIGHLY recommend making the investment. On Friday we tackled the "office" area of my home. We ended up with at least 8 bags of trash! She came back on Saturday and we went into the school room. We cleaned out one closet entirely and then organized the school area. Oh and she organized my "cleaning" closet. I will not need to purchase cleaning supplies for at least 3 years! I must like to buy that stuff!! Anyway the biggest thing I have learned in the process is that everything needs a home. So with that new knowledge we have purchased a small inventory of sterlite boxes and small containers to "house" stuff! It is great! Googly eyes now have a home, so do pipe cleaners and my million and one sharpie markers, I like to buy those too! It has been exhausting but freeing. As we began the process Risa prayed that this would be a "cleansing" time for our home, for me. That I could release some things I didn't need to hold onto. WOW! It is so freeing to be letting go of so many things. But not the googly eyes we will need them for art projects in 2nd grade, Risa assured me! (She is also a home school mom!) If any local families want to hire Risa let me know and I will get you her information. I send out my full endorsement of her. She truly has a heart for God and I have enjoyed working with her.

Okay so it is funny that as we cleanse the house I am about to start the cleansing of my body!! I have my colonoscopy tomorrow. Also the upper gi test done. Pray all goes well and that I don't eat in the night!!

I better go and organize the bathroom...I already did the other one and man it makes me sleep better having it all done...
E

1 comment:

GIRL WITH GRACE said...

Girl, I wish I had some stuff to organize. LOL Seriously, it hasn't been that bad living without all of our possessions this year. Having said all of that, it will be interesting to see what gets thrown away when we get back to the states next summer. We put A LOT into storage. Think your organizer will travel to Vegas? Love you, sweet friend.