Monday, November 17, 2008

Dale and B



I wish that the photos would have loaded with his "older" one first. Dale was 9 days old in the baby picture. This is the bear that my sister gave to him. She gave it to me when we went to pick her up from Eagle Lake in Colorado, it is the Navigator camp that she worked at and also where we went when we were teenagers. We have great memories there. Anyway when she gave Dale Robert the Gap Teddy Bear, I was 7 months pregnant at the time, I remember thinking that I hoped he liked it and would sleep with it and play with him...Little did I know! When my sister, Heather Belle, was younger she had Merle Freddy. I will post a photo of him and her someday...it was in the crazy cabbage patch kids day and she thought/knew Merle Freddy to be REAL. So when Dale started to love on his HB later shortened to B like Heather Belle did her treasured Merle Freddy I though how sweet. Well his affection for B has grown, he still sleeps with B every night. B is the first thing packed and often the first thing left! We DO NOT MAIL him for fear of loosing him! Once we left him when we were going on a long trip. It was about 2 hours into the trip when we realized the loved B was missing...I almost turned around to go and get him! I didn't! Dale still loves his B and so when I took photos last week he wanted B in the picture with him. Dale will be 6 on Wednesday. I wonder how much longer he will be that sweet little boy with the bear?

No comments: