Monday, September 01, 2008

So I am feeling a little better and am "trying" to get caught up on the election news. Here are a few articles that I found and thought you might find interesting as well. I just have to say that we need to be careful as to how we "judge" others. I am still behind McCain/Palin...probably more so now than before...



Dobson says he'll vote for McCain-Palin
Via my former colleague, Time's Michael Scherer, I see that Focus on the Family head James Dobson announced on Friday that he will vote for John McCain.

That the influential evangelical leader would eventually come around, despite his longtime skepticism about McCain, is no surprise. But the timing of the announcement, coming as quickly as it did after the news that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will be McCain's running mate, seems to indicate just how successful McCain was at appealing to the social conservative wing of his party by making this choice, and just how politically astute a move this may turn out to be for the presumptive Republican nominee.

― Alex Koppelman

Second article....

Dr. James C. Dobson of Focus on the Family issued the following statement:

"In the 32-year history of Focus on the Family, we have offered prayer, counseling and resource assistance to tens of thousands of parents and children in the same situation the Palins are now facing. We have always encouraged the parents to love and support their children and always advised the girls to see their pregnancies through, even though there will of course be challenges along the way. That is what the Palins are doing, and they should be commended once again for not just talking about their pro-life and pro-family values, but living them out even in the midst of trying circumstances.

"Being a Christian does not mean you're perfect. Nor does it mean your children are perfect. But it does mean there is forgiveness and restoration when we confess our imperfections to the Lord. I've been the beneficiary of that forgiveness and restoration in my own life countless times, as I'm sure the Palins have.

"The media are already trying to spin this as evidence Gov. Palin is a 'hypocrite,' but all it really means is that she and her family are human. They are in my prayers and those of millions of Americans."


...here is another article....

Noting that he has become very concerned about the prospects of the very liberal Barack Obama winning the presidency, he told Prager, "So I’ve been moving in John McCain’s direction."
After hearing of the Palin nomination, he said, "But I can tell you that if I had to go into the studio, I mean the voting booth today, I would pull that [McCain] lever.
Said Prager, "Well, if you’re very excited given your previous reservations then I have to believe, and certainly based on the handful of calls I’ve been able to take the first hour before my 'Happiness Hour,' people were so excited, palpably excited. Jim Dobson, I got to tell you… if your base is energized then that is the biggest nightmare that the left has."
Dobson replied: "I was just with about 300, maybe 400 people in a large auditorium, and they put Sarah Palin’s speech on the screen and we sat there and watched. I’m telling you it was electric. These were conservatives, you know. They were mostly Christian, but not all of them were. I mean to tell you, it set that crowd on fire. If that’s any indication, I think we are going to see some things."

I think that more than anything we just need to pray for our country and that whoever the next leader is that they seek God's face as they lead our country.

Okay so out I am going to rest now...dental surgery is so NOT FUN!!
Love, E

No comments: