Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So not a whole lot going on here...Just some random thoughts.

Stephen and I were talking a few days ago about marriage. A friend of mine told me about a couple that once went to our church and how they are getting divorced. I cried. Literally. I think I surprised my friend. I know I surprised myself. It made me sad. Made me MAD. Made me wonder. Wonder why some christian marriages work...why some don't. So back to what Stephen and I were talking about. Statistically 49% of all marriages end in divorce and the rate is HIGHER in churches. Why? My friend S and I were talking about how it is a choice. A choice to stay, to love, to honor. Some days I DO NOT WANT TO. I don't want to stay, I don't want to love, I don't want to honor. And then I remember the promise and God's promise and I know I will. Because God is bigger than divorce or yucky marriages. He is so much bigger than that. It makes me sad and wonder what those people, and they seemed to have it together in a Godly sort of way, thought was so much bigger than all of that. By the way we are fine, Satan just likes to hang out here sometimes. We kicked him out by the way. Our marriage is Gods and it is going to honor Him.

Sorry if that was too honest for some of you...life is real around here.

Well I better take advantage of my kids snoring and get the two handed stuff done...E

1 comment:

Kate said...

My parents had the best bit of advice on how to get through anything in your marriage--and believe me, they have gotten through a TON of crap in their marriage. They raised me to pray that God would give me someone I could laugh out loud with EVERY day. I got that in Aaron Mitchell and I am on my knees every day thanking God. While I can't say I haven't wanted to leave every now and then when things have gotten hard, I can say that laughter has made our marriage a success for 8 years. Many people say not to go to bed angry with each other...I say, never go to bed without having laughed loudly together that day. We have been trying to do the same thing with our kids and it makes a huge difference.