Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I really don't know how people send their kids to school....really! I have been taking a little girl to school for her parents. She is Brendon's sister. I seriously don't know how "those" people get up early, feed, dress, make sure all the stuff is in the bag and then head out the door. I just have to say you must me much more organized than me!!

Oh and I am enjoying the experience of taking Amelia to school. I kinda wondered how it would be to go to kindergarten on the first day of school...you know the excitement of it all for the parent and the child..well I got to do it! It further concretes the decision Stephen and I have made to home school. It is hard to leave those little ones there not knowing what all is taught and presented to them. I also know now that home schooling is not for everyone, I really never have had that conviction. I just know it is for us. Dale and Merideth have already had breakfast, and done school today...now for some errands! And since it is "l" week we are going to the library!

Have a great day!
E

1 comment:

Kate said...

One misconception (among many misconceptions)I have seen towards those of us who send our kids to school during the day is that we aren't involved in our kids learning at all--like we are "feeding our kids to the wolves." Aaron and I are very much involved in all of Jack's learning. We have gotten to know both of his teachers and ask questions constantly about what he is doing at school. I know you aren't trying to generalize here--I'm just clarifying for those that do think this. There are bad parents EVERYWHERE and there is bad teaching everywhere--homeschool, private school, public school....everywhere. We all have to be equally on guard in one area or another. The main thing is that we understand that we are all EQUALLY in need of God's grace to raise our kids. I can't say what's best for everyone's kids. I need the Lord's help enough with my own 3. I love you and I pray for you all the time--that God is using you as you teach your kids. I know He is and I'm so proud of you for your faith. God bless you guys.