Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Well today has not been a great day around here.

I have gotten a lot done. My nieces surgery was successful. I got home school plans made, I even put books on hold at the library. We had a good supper, with a salad and dessert!

...But my back is hurting again, I twisted just wrong when I picked up something of the floor. And the electric company employs smarty pant, unreasonable people. Here is the story. So while we were gone for 15 days of last billing cycle somehow we used 302 more KWH. PLEASE explain that too me. We turned off our stuff. Anyway the guy, Yaris, said that with the price of oil; electric rates were higher. I told him I was no idiot I read the news and actually the price of oil had dropped. Then he told me other things and I decided that it would be better if Stephen talked to him. (Daddy I began to growl!) Anyway our electric bill is almost $700. I am so frustrated because they will not even work with us to figure out what happened. For some reason we used or it shows we used more electricity...so since it shows that on their meter then it must be right. Anyway to further exasperate me; last summer they were billing us low I called and called, and finally they fixed the meter and then....drum roll... they sent us a bill for over $1000 for us to pay the difference for THEIR mistake. So now when we are in the lurch, being over billed we think, they won't help...

Okay so that feels better to get that off my chest.

It is hot. Humid. And I need to change sheets and mop.

On another note...
I have made some major home schooling changes. With lots of prayer and lists making I have sent back our phonics and reading program. It was not working for Dale or me. I will expand on it later. It will be with lists of WHY we home school in the first place...which brought me to the other need to change curriculum.

Well I am grouchy so I will go and try to get ungrouchy..
E

1 comment:

GIRL WITH GRACE said...

SO glad the surgery went well.

Let me know how you like MFW this time around. I'm glad you're feeling better about your HS plan. I'm still going to give ALS a solid try . . .

Miss you and love you.