Monday, June 09, 2008

Okay so we did begin home school today. It went good. We started off with the Bible/Devotion time. Then ate breakfast, then got dressed and made beds etc. Then Merideth comes running in with her purse and crown and says "don't leave me, I am ready for school too." So just out of curiosity I told her to go on and we would meet her there. She went to the school room! I was thinking she thought we were going to church or something! Yea! So we did all the work sheets this morning, instead of breaking up the ALS (American Language Series) and Math. It went good enough. I am not going to pray for patience but I do need some! Anyway I told Stephen I felt like I was teaching a foreign language when Dale would look at the picture of a coffee cup and say "l l l l l coffee cup" It sounded like le coffee cup, so French lesson done too! We were working on the letter "l" by the way. So I figured out to have him just say the picture and then IF any had the "l" sound to X them...worked so much better!!

Well that is our report.

Please pray for my sister and her husband they are now in Hawaii! They will live there for 4 years!! I miss her so much already...there is something about not being able to get into the car and drive to see her that makes it seem so much farther away!!

Love all,
E

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm glad things have gone okay so far. Patience is one of those things I have to pray for CONSTANTLY in my day--and I don't even homeschool!! I'll pray for you.