Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I LOVE Pumpkins! My family grew them for a while and I learned a lot in the pumpkin' patch. I really miss growing them and all...I don't miss the rotten ones, or the ones I left in my trunk!

This weekend is the 12 year anniversary of mine and Stephen's first "date". WOW! We are going camping with the kids and some friends. We are also sailing...pray I am nice...I DO NOT like to sail! I really don't like it at all. Pray I am nice, I think I mentioned that one! Pray we are safe, and that I am nice! I am looking forward to the smores!

I am evaluating the home school stuff we are using. I need to spend more time in the day doing school rather than "planning" school! I was talking to my two best friends, who also home school, and it is funny the weaknesses we each have are so different. And majorly different than what we thought we would have. I do so enjoy it and as we face a new place to live it gives me much comfort to know that school is one area we won't have to worry about. It will be nice to go anywhere, literally, and be able to take school with us! That is one of the blessings in it! There are many more. Tomorrow my goal is to start with Bible, then have a good breakfast, then do the reading parts and some math. Then later in the day, before I start supper read some from "History for Little Pilgrims". I really am learning a lot from the book too. Mainly we just need to be more consistent. I think it will help hearts and minds around here!!

Well I better run...
E

1 comment:

BeausMom said...

Does the Military not need to get my permission before sending you guys somewhere else? I think they should start having to do that, because I'm not ready for y'all to leave!!! ;-)