Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Celiac...Going Gluten Free

So big changes here...again!

When I had my gall bladder out the dr was optimistic that it would help the problems I have been having with my health. He was somewhat concerned that b/c I tested positive for Celiac disease gene I would need to go gluten free. Yesterday when I went to the dr he put me on a gluten free, or GF, diet. It is not just "cutting down" on the gluten it is NO GLUTEN at all! It is a pain in the ... but if I feel better it will be worth it, right?

Anyway I am off to do some research...it is overwhelming as gluten is in a lot of foods, additives, seasoning, drinks...it is everywhere...even in make up!

On another note...Merideth started doing some school today. She did great and had fun with it! Let's see how long the "fun" lasts!!

Now on to the research!
E

No comments: