Thursday, August 17, 2006


So here is what was in my quiet time today. This comes from CloserWalk and is distributed by the Navigators. I really recommend it for daily devotional and prayer. My parents have used their resources for years and where introduced to the Navigators in their early 20's. The organization has made a deep, meaningful impact on all our lives. The photo today is from Eagle Lake, a camp held by them. My sister and I went there as teenagers, Heather Belle was camp nurse for several years, and now my nieces attend. Dale and Merideth will someday get to go there also. It is a lot of fun and offers a place of growth, not only spiritual but also in character.

So back to the QT for today...

"As Jesus grew, He "increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men"(Luke 2:52)
Take note of the four essential areas of growth:
Mental. Physical. Spiritual. Social. Every day as you look intently into the mirror of God's Word, ask yourself what you can do to promote healthy growth in each of those areas of your like."

Wow makes me look twice at the mirror of God's word and what is reflected back...

what do you see?

e

1 comment:

Kate said...

I think I try to focus on all those things, but not at the same time. There's never a good balance. Like, recently, my focus has been more on physical and spiritual growth. The mental and social have sort of been put on the "back burner." This is a great reminder to pursue all of them equally.

Another thought, it says "...favor with God AND men." Many of us focus more on pleasing men than pleasing God. In other words, we have fear of man. Then, some of us don't think at all about how others perceive us, but only about our religion and our church stuff. I use the words "religion and church" because some people think doing these things means that they are being pleasing to God. This is only partly true. Religion and church activities are great, but we have to find some form of outreach and not just be couped up in our churches all the time. Just a thought. Sorry about the crazy long comment!! Thanks for the wonderful thought. Love you!