Saturday, November 17, 2007


What a wonderful week we have had at our home. "THE DADDY" is back, and I am no longer the boss! WHEW! As you can see we are all pretty excited, well Meri Ellis is too she just doesn't smile for the camera right now! Anyway Stephen arrived Tuesday night, evening being the reason for the kids being in p.j.s, and it was so GREAT. It was even better than when he came home from his first long deployment. Seeing our little boy RUN to his Daddy made all those months separated so worth being a family. It is hard being a single parent, even though I had a lot of support, I don't ever want to go it alone! Besides I sorta love the guy!!
Well we are having a party at our house tomorrow. Dale will be five on Monday!! Time has flown by!!!! I have made the cake, set out the drinks and ordered cupcakes in case the cake is yucky looking. After last year I learned 2 things...make the cake at least the day before and not to serve a meal!! Anyway we are having a very special guest at the pirate themed event. Captain Jack Sparrow himself will be here!! I will post photos later. Also I will post reasons why you should make a cake a day ahead!! Last years cake was a bomb so to speak!!
Well I am off to bed...
love to all,
E

3 comments:

kathyemerick said...

DaleMeri,

Funny, I was looking to see if the blog I started long ago (and only did once) was still there - at the top of the page was a button that said "Next Blog" so I clicked it and there was YOURS! That's how people who don't know you, find yours! Anyway, I am wife and mom to 4 - and love Jesus, too. and I'm happy for you that your husband is home. Thank him for us, too, for serving our country. I hope your reunion is wonderful, and that you both have patience with the transition. I'm saying a little prayer for you and your husband and your little cuties. I enjoyed reading your blog. Keep up the good work!

Best,
Kathy

z said...

Girl - call me - I want to hear all about the PARTY!!!!!

Kate said...

I'm so glad "Daddy" came home!! I love the picture. Hope you are enjoying him! Talk to you soon.